Rockport's Veterans' services are, as of summer 2015, being administered by the Gloucester Veterans' Agency located at 12 Emerson Avenue, Gloucester. Adam Curcuru, Director, Veterans' Service is available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 978-281-9740. Mailing address is 9 Dale Avenue, Gloucester, MA 01930.
The Veterans' Agent reports to the Cape Ann Veterans District Board of Directors which is comprised of a represenative of the three communities served by the district which are Gloucester, Rockport, and Manchester-by-the-Sea.
The functions of the Veterans' Agent include:
- Assisting and providing information on compensation and other benefits available through the VA program.
- Administer the DVS needs-based program of veterans assistance.
- Every other Monday Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing (assists Veterans in permanent housing and case management)
- Every other Thursday Lowell Vet Center (counseling) North Shore Career Center (Veteran Employment Specialist)
- Every Friday 7:30am – 10am Veteran Networking Group (the following Resources are available)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Service Officer (assist veterans with compensation and pension claims)
- Mortgage Network (VA home loan specialist)
- VA Community Recovery Connections Team (assist transitioning veterans)
- VA Team Foxtrot (counseling)
- Veterans Initiative to Academic Learning (assist veterans with college enrollment process)
- VA Vocational Rehabilitation (assist veterans in sustainable employment plan)
- Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing
- Lynn Housing Supportive Services for Veterans and Families