Town of Rockport
Civilian Dispatcher (Per Diem)
The Rockport Police Department is accepting applications for a per diem Civilian Dispatcher position for a combined Police, Fire, & EMS communications center. The position will require the selected candidate to be flexible and work varied shifts and hours depending upon the needs of the department. Responsibilities include receiving emergency and non-emergency calls through the E-911 system, determining appropriate level of response, and dispatching public safety personnel clearly and calmly. A complete job description will be provided to applicants and is available upon request. High School Diploma/GED Required, Associates Degree Preferred. Applications are available at Rockport Police Headquarters, 168 Main Street, Rockport MA. EOE/AA.
The rate of pay if $16.65 per hour.
To be considered for this vacancy, please reference job title and your last name in the subject line, and submit:
- Town of Rockport General Application
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three (3) professional references
- Certifications, if applicable
Submit the above-mentioned information to: email@example.com
Email is the preferred method of application, however, if you wish to apply by in person or via mail, please send the required items to: Chief John Horvath, Rockport Police Department, 168 Main Street, Rockport, MA 01966, Attn.: Civilian Dispatcher (Per Diem) Position.
Applications must be received by March 18, 2020. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
The Town of Rockport is hiring for the seasonal position of lifeguard. The lifeguard position works under the direction of the Rockport Police Department and has the following requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certificate or equivalent.
- Must possess a current American Red Cross or American Heart Association CPR for the professional Rescuer Certificate or equivalent.
- Must possess a current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Standard First Aid certificate or equivalent.
- All lifeguards will be ready and on duty from 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Lifeguards are responsible for restocking their first aid kits at the end of every shift.
- Problems with equipment should be reported immediately to the Head Lifeguard and the Sergeant in charge of lifeguards
- Radio checks will be performed at the beginning and end of every shift and at 12:00 noon
- Lifeguards will maintain their watch at their assigned beach from 9:45am to 5:15pm. At 5:15pm lifeguards are permitted to secure equipment. All equipment will be stored in its designated location unless told
The rate of pay is $15.68 per hour.