Town of Rockport
Full-Time Civil Service Lateral Transfer Police Officer
The Rockport Police Department seeks highly motivated, community-oriented police officers for lateral transfer to this Department. Applicants must have Civil Service status under Chapter 31 and be eligible for transfer. Applicants must have successfully completed a MPTC full-time police academy, possess strong problem solving abilities, and have effective verbal and written communication skills. Candidates will be subjected to an extensive background investigation, medical evaluation, and psychological screening.
The Town of Rockport is located on the tip of the Cape Ann peninsula, approximately forty miles northeast of Boston. The Town is home to six beaches, two islands, several quarries, as well as Halibut Point State Park. The year round population is approximately 7,000 residents which increases to over 18,000 during the summer season. The police department has an authorized strength of seventeen (17) full-time sworn officers, six (6) permanent intermittent officers, and one (1) full-time dispatcher. The department has established an Honor Guard, Community Outreach Unit, and provides opportunities for career enhancement through selected training courses.
Minimum starting salary $50,099 and commensurate with experience thereafter plus longevity to qualified applicants and a generous benefits package. Applications can be downloaded by accessing the tab for Job and Volunteer Opportunities at www.rockportma.gov or picked up at the Rockport Police Department located at 168 Main Street, Rockport, MA.
The Town of Rockport is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should forward a completed application, cover letter, and resume to:
Chief John Horvath
Rockport Police Department
168 Main Street
Rockport, Massachusetts 01966
Applications will be accepted until further notice.
FULL-TIME CIVILIAN DISPATCHER POSITION
The Rockport Police Department is accepting applications for a full-time Civilian Dispatcher position for a combined Police, Fire, & EMS communications center. The position will require the selected candidate to work a rotating 4/2 schedule on either the 4:00pm-12:00am shift or the 12:00am-8:00am shift, with the opportunity for overtime. Responsibilities include receiving emergency and non-emergency calls through the E-911 system, determining appropriate level of response, and dispatching public safety personnel clearly and calmly. A complete job description will be provided to applicants and is available upon request. High School Diploma/GED Required, Associates Degree Preferred.
Applications can be downloaded by accessing the tab for Job and Volunteer Opportunities at www.rockportma.gov or picked up at the Rockport Police Department located at 168 Main Street, Rockport, MA. . EOE/AA.
Application deadline is October 12, 2018.
The Town of Rockport is hiring for the seasonal position of lifeguard. The lifeguard position works under the direction of the Rockport Police Department and has the following requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must possess a current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certificate or equivalent.
- Must possess a current American Red Cross or American Heart Association CPR for the professional Rescuer Certificate or equivalent.
- Must possess a current American Red Cross or American Heart Association Standard First Aid certificate or equivalent.
- All lifeguards will be ready and on duty from 9:30am to 5:30pm
- Lifeguards are responsible for restocking their first aid kits at the end of every shift.
- Problems with equipment should be reported immediately to the Head Lifeguard and the Sergeant in charge of lifeguards
- Radio checks will be performed at the beginning and end of every shift and at 12:00 noon
- Lifeguards will maintain their watch at their assigned beach from 9:45am to 5:15pm. At 5:15pm lifeguards are permitted to secure equipment. All equipment will be stored in its designated location unless told
The rate of pay is $15.30 per hour.