The mission of the Department of Inspection Services is to ensure that the structures within the Town of Rockport are a safe place for people to live, work, learn, worship, or visit; this is accomplished through fair and consistent enforcement of - and inspection for compliance with - all State and Local Rules and Regulations applicable to construction and building occupancy. It is the Department's wish to assist every applicant to achieve their goals within the Codes, Ordinances, Rules, and Regulations under our jurisdiction.
The Inspection Services Department performs the following functions:
- Plan and Application review for Zoning and Code Compliance (For the 2017 Zoning By-Laws, click on the blue box labeled "Zoning By-Laws).
- Issuance of Permits
- Thorough and Professional Completion of all Field Inspections
- Issuance of Occupancy Permits
- Maintenance of Accurate and Complete Records
- Customer Service Whether for Construction Project, Zoning or Code Interpretation, or Complaint Resolution
Building Permits are required for:
- Change in Building Use
- Window Replacement
- Decks and Stairs
- Tool Sheds
- Swimming Pools
- Wood Stoves/Pellet Stoves
- New Construction