Smoking, Tobacco, Vaping, and Marijuana Laws and Regulations
Recreational Marijuana Establishments are banned in the Town of Rockport as of the Town's May 15, 2018 Election.
In the spring of 2018, the Board of Health updated its Tobacco Regulations to include beaches as another area (along with parks and other areas) where smoking of any kind (cigarettes, marijuana, vaping, e-cigarettes, etc.) is banned. Smoking of recreational marijuana is not allowed in public.
Laws and Regulations:
- Tobacco & Nicotine Products Sales - Rockport Regulations (Adopted November 2018)
- Marijuana Placeholder Regulations (Adopted in spring of 2018)
- Smoking/Vaping - Where Prohibited in Rockport - Rockport Regulations (Adopted May 2018)
- Smoke-free Workplace Law - Massachusetts
- Other Tobacco Laws, Rules, Regulations - Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Law About Marijuana
- Letter to Retailers (June 1, 2020 FLAVOR BAN)
- Flavor Ban Examples (June 1, 2020 FLAVOR BAN)
- Get Outraged - Learn about Big Tobacco's latest cover-up, and talk to your kdis about the dangers of vaping.
- Make Smoking History
- E-Cigarette Quit Program -The Trust Initiative is first-of-its-kind free e-cigarette quit program now available to young vapers looking for help. Tailored by age group; the program serves as a resource for parents looking to help their children who now vape. The program is being integrated into the already successful 'This is Quitting' app and BecomeAnEX® digital cessation programs from Truth Initiative.
Teens, adults, and parents of teens seeking help around quitting e-cigarettes/JUULing can text “QUIT” to 202-804-9884.
Artices and Information on Dangers of E-Cigarettes/Vaping/Health
- Video: Is Your Teen 'Juuling'? Why Parents and Doctors Are Worried
- Harvard Public Health Article About E-Cigarette Chemical Dangers:
Please note that as of May 2018, all Rockport municipal beaches are smoke-free areas; there is no smoking of any type (vaping/e-cigarettes, cigars, marijuana, etc.) allowed.