Where can I purchase sediment control products?

Most projects that involve the Conservation Commission's stamp of approval typically must be done in an environmentally protected fashion; this includes the use of sediment control products ranging from hay bales to products such as Siltsoxx. These products and methods of containment help minimize the disturbance to the surrounding wetlands or areas and help to ensure as little impact or damage to the resource areas.

You can find these types of materials and products at the following (all in Massachusetts except where noted).

Straw Wattles / Hay Bales / Silt Fencing

  • EJ Prescott - 162 North Main Street, Middleton
  • Phone: 978-777-7738
  • Team EJP website

Wetland Seed Mix Sources in Eastern Massachusetts

  • Wetlands Preservation, Inc. - 47 Newton Road, Plaistow, NH - Phone: 603-382-3435
  • New England Wetland Plants, Inc., 820 West Street, Amherst - Phone: 413-548-8000
  • King's Tree Farm and Nursery - Route 133, West Boxford - Phone: 978-352-6359
  • Nasami Farm Native Plant Nursery - 28 North Street, South Deerfield - Phone: 413-397-9922
  • Pierson Nurseries, Inc.- 24 Buzzell Road, Biddeford, ME (they deliver to Rockport) - 207-499-2994
  • New England Wildflower Society at Garden in the Woods -180 Hemenway Road, Framingham Phone: 508-877-7630

Show All Answers

1. Where can I purchase sediment control products?
2. What is the procedure for obtaining approval from the Conservation Commission? My project may be in an area regulated by the commission jurisdiction.
3. What information is needed to present a project? If approved by the Conservation Commission, are other approvals needed?
4. What are the laws and rules that regulate wetlands in Rockport?
5. How do I find out if my property is in a location that has activities regulated by the Rockport Conservation Commission?
6. Can I clean out my stream?
7. Do I need to file for permission to do landscaping?
8. How long does it take to begin a project once my application has been submitted?
9. Do I need to hire an engineer or wetland scientist?
10. What do I do with the department of environmental protection file number?
11. What does abutters' notification mean?
12. What happens if I do not file an application?
13. Which permit application should I use for my project?
14. Upon submitting my application, how long does it take to be put on the agenda?
15. Which areas are protected wetlands?
16. Why can’t I just fill in the little swamp in the backyard?
17. Why do I have to file with the Conservation Commission?
18. Why do we bother protecting wetlands anyway?
19. Can the Conservation Commission give me advice on what I can and cannot do on my property?