Affordable Housing Trust
The Rockport Affordable Housing Trust Fund (RAFHT) was established by vote at Town Meeting in 2017 in response to the need to increase housing options for low and moderate income households. The vision of the Rockport Affordable Housing Trust Fund is to provide for, but is not limited to, the creation, preservation, rehabilitation and conversion of housing to provide
opportunities in Affordable housing. The RAFHT is committed to the vision that a diverse economic and demographic mix of year-round residents is critical to the well being of our town.
Operating Principles to accomplish our vision:
● Communicate - Engage town residents in an inclusive manner.
● Collaborate - Work with town officials, committees, and boards to foster affordable housing efforts
● Promote Affordable Housing - Increase the inventory of Affordable housing units that count on the State Subsidized Housing Inventory.
● Target Housing Need - Use the Housing Production Plan (HPP) to specifically target needs and identify opportunities, such as, but not limited to, suitable town-land or creative use of existing properties. And to be responsive to the demographic and housing trends.
● Address Town Zoning and Policy Barriers - Advocate for housing and zoning
policies and by-laws that facilitate Affordable housing.
● Use Resources Wisely- Pursue and use all available funding opportunities and
in-kind resources in the planning and development of affordable housing.
● Pursue a Variety of Opportunities for Affordable Housing - Identify a variety of housing units and sizes to match the diversity of Rockport's needs.
● Encourage Design for Excellence - Engage and encourage developers to design what reflects the appropriate contextual style of Rockport with current best practices in energy efficiency and land management technologies.
The Rockport Affordable Housing Trust currently has one open Trustee position. This is a three (3) year appointment volunteer opportunity. For more information or to inquire about this opening, please contact the Select Board & Town Administrator's Office by emailing TA@rockportma.gov
ZOOM Meeting: https://rockportma-gov.zoom.us/j/87899344008
Meeting ID: 878 9934 4008 To connect via phone dial: 1 929 205 6099
then enter the above Meeting ID
To more easily access meeting minutes, go to the top left of this page and click on the plus (+) button to access minutes more directly.