Department of Public Works
- Mapsonline.net - For questions about your water bill.
- Massachusetts Drought Status - For information on apparent high water usage.
- Water Turn On/Off and Final Read Requests - Works best in Google Chrome on your desktop.
- The Mandatory Water Ban in effect since August 26, 2022, has been lifted as of March 9, 2023
- There are no restrictions on water use, however, general water conservation efforts continue to be encouraged.
- Bruce Reed, Chair
- Erin Battistelli, Vice-Chair
- Patrick Herlihy, Member
Gary M. LeBlanc, Director
Aaron Cilluffo, Assistant Director
Stephen Buonopane, Projects & Facilities Manager
Lori A. Greenslade, Business Manager
Robert Craig, GIS Program Manager
It is the mission of the Rockport Department of Public Works to plan, design, operate, maintain, and manage Rockport's public ways, roads, parks, open space, public grounds, Town cemeteries, water filtration and distribution systems, sewer collection and treatment systems, stormwater systems, and disposal of solid waste and recycling, through sound management, innovation, teamwork, and vision.
It is the goal of Rockport's Department of Public Works that through effective and efficient means of carrying out these tasks, the quality of life of Rockport's citizens is enhanced.
- How much water is used every day by the town?
The Town can use anywhere from 500,000 gallons a day (mostly in the winter months) and up to 1,300,000 gallons a day (mostly around July 4th). The average over a one-year period is around 620,000 gallons a day.
- How would I find my sewer/water connection?
The DPW can supply you with as-built drawings to show where most connections are at your property line.
- How would I purchase a cemetery lot?
Cemetery lots can be purchased through the DPW office. Lots are available for Locust Grove and Beech Grove Cemeteries.
- I have a water leak on my property. Will the DPW fix it?
No, we can not do work on private property and as such, you would need to contact a local plumber. The DPW would be happy to assist by supplying you with as-built drawings that show where most connections are at the property line.
- There is water leaking outside my property. Who is responsible?
The Town is responsible for leaks outside of your property. Call the DPW at 978-546-3525 to report leaks. After DPW office hours, you can call the Rockport Police Department at 978-546-3445 and they will contact the water foreman.
- Is it possible to tour the water filtration plant or sewage treatment plant?
Yes it is, you can contact the DPW main office to set up an appointment.
- How can I purchase Rockport Stickers?
Stickers may be purchased on the Rockport MA website. You may purchase Resident Parking Stickers, Non-Resident Beach Stickers, and Pay-as-you-Throw (PAYT) stickers. You can pay for your stickers with a credit or debit card. You may also purchase Rockport stickers by mailing in your application to DPW Town of Rockport, 34 Broadway Rockport MA 01966, or dropping them off at the Town Hall DPW Office.
- What is the process to get stickers online?
Fill out the online sticker application and click on the submit button. Once you have submitted the application, you will receive an email notification that your order has been received. Your order will then be processed and upon verification of your information, you will receive another email that notifies you that your order has been successfully processed and your stickers have been mailed. Usually, stickers will be mailed within a week of receipt of your application.
- Can I have updates or track my sticker order?
You can track your online order at the ePay website for City Hall Systems online.
- What if I require assistance ordering online?
If you require assistance ordering online, please call 978-546-3525 or email the Department of Public Works and we can arrange a time to assist you at the DPW Office.
- What if my address is not available for selection on the website?
If your address is missing from the drop-down menu, please email the Department of Public Works or call 9789-546-3525. This is not unusual if there are multiple addresses sharing one parcel ID. Your address must be a valid property address per the assessor's office.
- What is the process of buying my stickers by mail?
Fill out the 2023/2024 Sticker Application form and mail it to the DPW office with supporting documents and payment. Your application will be entered online by DPW Staff and processed by City Hall Systems. This method may result in delays in processing. Visit the Stickers (Transfer Station, Resident Parking & Beach) page for more information.